Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Event 13: Early Chip Leader

$260 + $40 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry) 

End of level 12 and time for a break. 

Patricia Cahill

Patricia Cahill (Port Jefferson Station, NY) is up to 273k and an early chip leader in the field.

Patricia's father passed away in 2008 at 89 years old. "He was a real life Archie Bunker," says Cahill, "I really believe playing poker gave him a reason to live and extended his life."

"Now I feel his presence when I'm playing," says the Cahill, who's a grandmother. "I sometimes play cards I think he wants me to play."

She didn't get serious about poker until after her father passed and has since taught the game to the rest of the family, including her grandchildren.  She's amassed over $100,000 in tournament earnings, including a final table here at Borgata during the 2013 Spring Open.

No comments :

Post a Comment