Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Championship: Selbst with a Sick Hand

$3300 + $200 Championship Deep Stack Double Play NLH (Re-Entry)

Blinds 5k/10k/1k ante

Shortly after knocking out two-time WPT winner Jonathan Little, Vanessa Selbst picks up more chips in a hand with Adam Agaev.

Selbst smooth calls Agaev's preflop raise.

On the turn, with the board showing A 7♠ 4♣ A, Selbst bets 68k.  Agaev slides out a tall stack of blue (5k) chips and Selbst asks for a count on the raise (82k more) and makes the call.

River: Q

Selbst checks and Agaev reluctantly checks.

Slebst turns over A♣ A♠ and the table is stunned that she has quads.  "I thought about raising the turn, but think I got the most I could on the hand."

Agaev can't believe in how bad a shape he was and asks, "what do you think I was raising with?"

"I have no idea what you were raising with," says Selbst.

Selbst is up to 1.5 million, while Agaev is at 300k.

No comments :

Post a Comment