Monday, September 9, 2013

Event 10 - An excuse to leave home

$350 + $50 Ladies Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry)

Holly Raba told me that she was from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida when I was getting the final table information. "That's a long way from home," I surmised. She laughed. "Why are you in Atlantic City?" I asked. "To play in this tournament," she answered. "Just this tournament," I said, somewhat incredulous that someone would come all the way to Atlantic City for a $400 tournament. She nodded.

It didn't make much sense to me until I saw her on break walking out with a group of people. When she came back she explained that she had come with her family. "It's their excuse to leave Florida," she said. "My Mom, Dad, Aunt, and two sisters are here with me." She added how much they loved the Borgata and to her families credit they have been sitting there the entire final table watching from a distance. It can't be too exciting for them but they are there cheering Holly on.

Holly Raba's family cheering her on

No comments :

Post a Comment