Friday, September 20, 2013

Championship: 3rd Place - Pham

$3300 + $200 Championship Deep Stack Double Play NLH  

Blinds 120k/240k/40k ante

Cong "Andy" Pham (Naples, FL)
 $301,225


Cong Pham and Anthony Zinno are all in preflop with Zinno in the lead.

Zinno: A K♠
Pham: A♠ Q

Flop: K♣ 6 5 (Zinno pair of Kings)

Turn: 4♣ (Pham drawing dead)

River: 10♣

Zinno wins the hand to eliminate Pham in 3rd place for $301,225

"I'm happy with how I did," says Pham, this the largest cash of his career.  "I only made a few mistakes, but everybody makes mistakes."

Pham says the key hand for him came four-handed when Selbst stayed alive with a double-paired board to counterfeit his pair of 9s.  "That hurt. If I win that I'm in great shape," he says.

Pham is originally from Vietnam, 29-years-old and married with one daughter.

Heads Up Chip Counts (in millions)

Vanessa Selbst 18.6
Anthony Zinno 17.0

No comments :

Post a Comment