Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Event 1: You Want a Piece of Me?

$500 + $60 Deep Stack NLH (Re-Entry)

Level 13: Blinds 1k/2k/300 ante

 Mountains for Martinez

Coming back from dinner break, Dimas Martinez (Atlanta, GA) is the unofficial chip leader with 310k.

"My friend Jim helped me out," says Martinez who is originally from New York, but says he's now a "Georgia Boy."

Jim Stenella (Pipersville, PA) watched Martinez bust and encouraged him to re-enter during Level 4.  "I told him, 'why wait until tomorrow (Day 1B).' If you're going to fire two bullets, do it now and you get to go to the pool."

Martinez took the advice and now has a big stack thanks to a 100k pot while hitting a flush with J 4.

"Look at that," says Stenella while admiring Martinez's stack, "I told him not to forget about me when he makes the money." Stenella looking for a small piece of the action as a finder's fee.

No comments :

Post a Comment